Saturday, January 14, 2012

2012 - The Year of Possibilities

I made only two resolutions for the new year.  Most of you can guess what the first one was - start a new quilt, and the other to scan all of my mother's pictures that fill 4 paper ream boxes into a digital format.  The first resolution is a lot more fun but the second will be more rewarding when it is completed.

So on to the quilt.  This one has been on the table for a few months before being started.  I first saw it in Eugene in a quilt store, and then was lucky enough to come across the pattern at Joanne's. I love to do fusible applique and this one is filled with it.  It is also a great way to play with color.





Okay, it is also whimsical which is cute if you are partial to cute on your walls.   It has been a long cold winter so cute will work.

 All 12 squares are done separately before linking. The blocks have four layers: top, stabilizer, batting, and back fabric.   This way it is easy to add as much top stitching and embellishments.  Also, if one of the square doesn't come out then you are only out that one.




All nine squares!  Three more to go.  It is hard not to start putting the squares together but if I did I know I would want to move them around for color balance.  Also Bill and I are in a major discussion on what fabric to use for connecting the blocks.  He likes the red (or any solid color) and I like the black and white stripe.  But we are a couple of weeks away from having to make that decision.



Happy New Year!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment