Friday, March 22, 2013

Sins of Quilting

I've seen fabric I didn't like but never in this quilt shop.  Business took us to Eugene yesterday and when it was finished the car (for some unknown reason) drove straight to "Piece by Piece".  And you know Bill was not behind the wheel!

I only meant to come out with one piece of fabric but the sin of greed grabbed a hold and wouldn't let me go....  honest. 

So....

The fat quarters would have been enough until I glanced up and there on the wall was hung a really neat wall hanging... and most of the pieces were from a precut 5" charm pack which means to a quilter - no cutting of fabric.  It is already precut to exactly the right size. To complete the quilt I ONLY needed a half yard of two more fabrics....  how tempting is that????


So drop in again and see how this wall hanging is coming along. 

And then before I knew it, more fabric ended up on the cutting table...


The sin of greed can land you in a place that is warm all year long and maybe with these last cold days of winter that place, right now, sounds pretty good.  But on the other hand, being a quilter, we get a lot of forgiveness since we are keeping quilt stores in business all year long.

Happy quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment