Thursday, July 18, 2013

How Easy Can It Get!

Okay, I confess.  I am a quilt blog surfer (do they still use the word 'surfer' anymore?).  I am always out trolling for new ideas and just the other day I fell into this one.

Weeks ago I had my Connecting Thread order come in and I had ordered some very inexpensive charm packs.  I wasn't exactly thrilled with them when they arrived so they sat buried under other stuff in the quilt loft.  Then I saw this on a quilt blog.... and how easy and fast it turned out to be.



Stack 4-5 charms, mark a 2 inch spot on top and then a 3 inch spot on the bottom.


Cut, shuffle, and sew back together.


Are you getting the idea!

Sew them in chains....equal number in each section.  Doesn't matter how you place your colors.


Add white borders which don't even have to be the same width.  Now wasn't that easy and impressive!  This could have taken all of one morning.

But I have been distracted with this:




Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment