Friday, August 22, 2014

Sample for November Workshop

At the beginning of November Chris and I will be taking a quilting workshop with Jan Krentz.  Jan does some remarkable quilts so I special ordered her book (because it was on the supply list) and decided to put together a sample of what we will be doing.  First thing I knew was that I did not want to make it into a huge quilt.  Huge is just too much work!  And second I wanted to play with my Kaffe Fasset stash that I've been collecting for years.

So...



The guild members were asked to vote on which design we wanted to learn and the majority picked this one.


The finished size was going to be 70" x 80"...and I just don't work that large.  So I halved the block size and trued up the blocks to 5 1/2".  This brought it down to a manageable size.




Four more rows to go!

I can't thank my husband enough for making me a design wall.  It has so come in handy!  Along with a great place to call my own for quilting!

Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment