Saturday, January 3, 2015

A New Year with Old Starts!

Lets start the new year off with a much muttered "I wish I could print out all my blogs".  I started this blog on Sept. 6, 2011 six days after I retired from my job at ODOT.  I never realized that three years later I would still be blogging about bits of family, friends, trips, quilting, etc.  It has become a journal of my last 3 years.  It doesn't matter that there are few readers but I wanted a way to recover in book form what mattered to me since I retired.  I had asked a few friends and the answers were always "screen print".  Having a lap and a laptop computer we spend a lot of time together.  Out of curiosity I googled 'blogs, printing, books' and came up with a site that prints books from your blog webpage.  You only have to enter your blog site and the day/year in the from and to boxes.  I did and this is what arrived in the mail.


 
 
Okay, so the cover isn't creative.... I am so thrilled with the book and wish I could give you the web address of the wonderful company I used but I tossed the invoice.  The only info is on the back page which has "SharedBook".  I can see this will become a yearly now! 
 
 
The best news is I am back in the loft again sitting with the sewing machine and feeling creative enough to pull out old projects and working on them.  It is like seeing old friends again.  The center of the yellow, black, and white wall hanging is filled with tightly stitched lines.  It is the most boring thing to do with a quilt but the over all effect is quite stunning.  The binding has been made and has sat on the table for over 6-7 months.  I did blog it once before a loooong time ago.


 
 
The following one was started at the Jan Krentz workshop given by the Umpqua Valley Quilt Guild back in November.  Most of the fabric matches Sarah's bedspread quilt that she made for the new house in Portland.  This will eventually go up on their wall in her and Joe's bedroom.  The center is complete and because it is on-point the corners have now turned into the challenging part.  It is a piece in progress.....

 
 
The weather has been bitterly cold for the end of 2014 and the start of 2015.  The sun came out yesterday and both Bill and I migrated outside to enjoy the brief spell of above freezing weather.  Who would have thought seeing a 40 would make you feel warm!
 
 
Happy New Year and may your next 12 months be wonderful.


No comments:

Post a Comment