Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Audition Time !

It only took one time to remember that patterns have to be cut in a reverse image if you want them to match your picture and the same holds true with cutting out your fusible appliques.

I've found using a light box helps but if you do not have a light box then a window works the same.  

Now comes the fun part (and also the frustrating part).  Finding just the right fabric to use. I did want to match the rosie red of the pear on the left but I didn't have quite the right material so after many trips to the red bin, I decided to then go with a darker green.  

 Not liking the pink/red at all.




Not exactly thrilled with the dark green either.

But this is only going to be a sample, test art quilt so we will see if adding stitching and embellishments helps.


At least they still look like a pair of pears!

Being lost in the excitement of doing this project I jumped ahead a step.  I find it easier to do the free hand stitching on the top layer before ironing down the fusible pieces.  OOP's. 

Back to the quilt books....I know there are a few of them on the shelf with "How to free hand machine quiltinformation.

Hey Keith - loved your pink birthday cake!!!  Is this going to be a new fad for the men in the Davidson family??

 
Happy birthday to Keith.... and happy stitching to others.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment