Thursday, September 5, 2013

Harder Than it Looks

There is nothing better than having a fast internet connection.  When we changed providers it was with the decision to have a faster speed so we could stream programs.  And it is amazing what is out there to stream.  My favorite site is PBS with quilt programs coming in a real close second.  So yesterday morning I went out to "The Quilt Show" and clicked on free shows.  Having only a few free ones available I picked Jacquie Gering's "Make It Modern".

And by the afternoon this is what was going up on the design wall.


The fabric was from another project that wasn't working.



There wasn't that much of either color so it was make it small time.  I was only able to get the four squares from what I had and then I had to cheat on the lime green.

mmm. I should have posted before finishing the top as looking back I like the arrangement of the blocks just the way they are.


Audition time with background fabrics.  Not being happy I asked Bill to come and take a look.  After hanging up and taking down fabric this is what the outcome was. 


How simple can this be....not being the sharpest pencil in the box today there was a lot of seam ripping before the pieces went where they were suppose to.

But it is on the sewing machine being top stitched....9 rows of top stitching so far!


Won't be long and this one will be 'a finish'!

Happy day to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment