Saturday, January 25, 2014

Off and Running....

...and the ideas just keep pouring out!  Last summer I 'rusted' some fabric then folded it up and filed it away.  This last week a small piece of it found its way onto my work table.  Then there was the trip to the hardware store to see if they had copper or brass washers... and wonder of wonders this is what started coming together.


Okay, so it doesn't look like much, but just wait....


And then this began to happen....

Aren't they cute??

Auditioning further additions and it is just so unbalanced.  So what was added comes off and....

this gets added instead.  I think of the piece as "Winter Thistles" even though the washer flowers don't look like thistles...  In the middle of the night I started thinking of what to use for stems.  First thought was to embroider stems and then I thought why not try using clippings from the bushes.... 

In the meantime there was another trip to the hardware store for more copper washers.  The same man waited on me and must think I have slipped a bit in the head as I then asked if they had large copper staples.... Next piece would be called "Summer Thistles"...

In between working on this I have also finished the top to another piece and have begun top stitching it.


Happy Creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment