Sunday, August 26, 2012

"Ugly" can be a Challenge!

Six months ago I was at the local quilt store and Charlie, the owner, caught me at a very weak moment.  She has a yearly quilt challenge that I've participated in before and past on it last year due to the theme.  Well, this year isn't much better (gosh, I hope she doesn't know that I blog!!).  So I have procrastinated and quite frankly totally forgot that I had the fabric for this year's challenge.

The challenge is called: "Shades of the 60's".  Okay, so I am old enough to have gone through the 60's with the hippies, flower children, sit-in's, etc.  But that said I was also busy raising a family so never got involved in the cultural happenings of the time.  

To put it mildly, the fabric doesn't do a thing for me and couldn't imagine doing anything with the panel.

Are those 'magic mushrooms' ?  Rule No. 5: Entry must be suitable for viewing by any age group.  I wonder what Charlie was thinking of when she wrote that.  

And then there were three 1/2 yard pieces that came with this.

More mushrooms!!!!  So if you don't like what you have to work with - cut it up and use it as color.  Everything goes with white!

By George, I am beginning to like it !

More later as this one progresses.

Happy sunny days and quiet time to quilt.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment