Wednesday, August 1, 2012

What to do with UPs?

If you quilt, you probably have plenty of UPs.  And you are wondering what are UPs...they are what I call Unfinished Projects.  And do I have plenty! (just ask Bill.)

I wish I could claim originality on this project but since I can't let me share with you how simple it is.

Take a quilted UP and cut it into a square.  What size - doesn't matter, just so it is square.





This was going to be a purse but now it will be transformed into a hanging bag.  I am using a 12 1/2 square and the only reason for this size is I have a square ruler that size.

If the back is ugly with a lot of stitches then add a new backing.  You will have a top, batting, and backing (or lining).

Then add binding to two sides, and zig zag the edge of the other two sides.




  Then add a little hanging strap to it.

 Tack two opposite corners before bringing up the third corner.


  When the third corner is secured than it is time to whip stitch the openings closed.

And..... this is what you will have in the end!



Now isn't that cute! (and easy).  Instead of having lots of UPs I can see I am going to have a lot of hanging bags!

Happy finishing projects.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment