Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Finshed!

The challenge quilt is finished! if you don't add the hanging sleeve or tacking on the stupid 6o's Peace Hippie Bus.  I am pleased with how this one came out... and I did it in all of 3 weeks.  Now that must be a record setting quilt.

Without bus....

With bus....
Close up of bus.... (which is only temporary until after it comes back home).

This quilt challenge is judged on a popular vote.  If you have enough friends to drop in and vote on your quilt (wonder how many times I can talk the husband into driving into town and voting????)  or if you happen to work at the quilt store then you  can be the big winner. Now this might work in my favor as all my stitching is not evenly spaced....and I did not use the panel.... but what the heck, I like it and will either hang it or use it somewhere. So in the end I am the big winner just for liking the end result.

Then we come to the knitting project.  I have been faithful in picking up the needles every day (great excuse for sitting on the couch in front of the TV).  Can a person be termed a couch knitter instead of a couch potato?  The directions said "no matchies" but when you veggie it is so much easier to do whatever came before.  Is it enough to find new knit patterns and use them over and over again.... I promise the back will be different.





Happy Veggie Days!





No comments:

Post a Comment