Sunday, September 23, 2012

the BIG quilt show!

Chris and I went to the BIG OR quilt show in Portland this last week!  The quilts were awesome!!! and neither one of us had a camera or a smart phone to take pictures...  I did look for my camera before leaving and didn't find it (under a pile of fabric) until I got home.  Needless to say we will be back to Portland next year (with cameras).  

What I can show you are all the fun stuff I bought while there. (I just took the pictures minutes ago!!)  The vendor booths were as good as the quilts as they came from all of our favorite quilt shops and from quilt shops we never heard of.  So that being said, here is what came home with me....

The last one will be my traveling project....

I am frantically working on a second quilt challenge for the quilt show held in Silverton, OR in January.  The fat quarter fabric is the flower print which I am thread painting on - that is the time consuming but easy part.  I've auditioned a few different backgrounds for it and think I just might stay with the batik block one.  Only two rules for this challenge:  you have to use the flower print and it cannot be bigger than 36" by 36".  

It is hard to see all the thread stitches but it is there.  After the stitching I will come back and add a lot of beading, then there will be spots that are cut out so only the flowers, leaves, and stems are left.

This is a 6 X 6 batik block which will probably be made into a 7 X 7 block.  Still not sure how this will end up.

Happy quilting!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment