Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Day

There are so many things to be thankful for today.  Family, friends, home, love, kindness, caring, and sharing dinner with friends today since family is so far away....

 I am very thankful that this morning gave me the time to finish the last pumpkin quilt.  This one looked like a sea urchin for most of the time it was worked on.  The material for the large pumpkin was changed from the first picture since the coloring strongly reminded me of the sea urchin even though, strangely enough, it match almost perfectly the pumpkin that was used for the model.  Go figure!


While at our local quilt store I was talking with Charlie, the owner, and after listening to my tale of woes on this quilt she sent me home with two spools of varigated thread to try. 

Needless to say the colors did not work.  It is almost impossible to hold a color in your head/mind and think that you can match it without material in hand.  So all the top stitching was ripped out.  (Note the TV remote!!!!)  So after a few programs of Home & Garden, it was back to the sewing table.

 The stem really helped with making it no longer look like a sea urchin!

And today the whole thing is completed and just waiting for another one of Bill's fancy quilt holders.



I promise 'no more food or fruit quilts' for a while.  But I have started a new quilt project....more about that later.

Happy Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

  1. Sue, I am loving what you are doing with these quilts. I am going to have to try them some time! Can't wait to see your next project.

    ReplyDelete