Wednesday, September 14, 2011

First Time: Part 1

Thanks to my sister, Rosemary, and her daughter-in-law, Kirsten, I am going to attempt to freeze fresh corn for winter.  

Today I swung by work (or where I use to work) and picked up Gaylen for a catch-up visit with her and a continuing tradition of ours to shop at lunch break.  We drove out to the local fresh produce stand - Kruse Farms.


Kruse Farm

Kruse Farm is on the outskirts of Roseburg and has been for as long as I can remember.  It sells quite a bit of what it grows on the land around it.  Bill has found it a great source for dried corn chowder for cooking.  Along with its fresh produce it makes wonderful pies and breads on-site.  Their pie crust left overs are to die for.
Today the farm had two large boxes of fresh picked corn.  To quote a lady who was picking through the corn next to me - "What ever happened to the 10 for a dollar corn?"  Like her I was hoping for those same prices but I will take the $3.50 for a dozen...so 24 ears later I left happy.

Since this blog is called Part 1 it is because I didn't get back home till late afternoon and only made it through the shucking of the corn.


Now this is fun!

Four pictures later, Bill finally got one that isn't too bad.  The first three were those roll the eye balls kind that only women can be caught with on film!  

Family story:  Sarah, youngest daughter, while in school had to team up with a girl by the name of Elizabeth or Mary Ellen or something like that, to do a report and was caught on video doing a huge eye roll while Elizabeth or whatever her name was doing her share of the report.  And here I thought I taught them all better manners.

Stay tuned for Part 2 tomorrow.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment