Sunday, September 25, 2011

Long Lost Cousin


Families:  A connection from the past to the future.

The Ukleja family is scattered from the East Coast to the West Coast with many of the aunts and uncles passed on.  Years ago I remember my mother emailing about a visit with her nephew Jimmy Miller in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada’s.  My mother had flown down to San Francisco for one of her short trips to see Rick and Judy.  My brother Rick, ever the resourceful one, drove them all to see Jimmy who had no idea they were coming.  Jim said that when he looked up and saw them, he instantly knew who there were!

My great fortune is my mother remembered this trip and still had Jimmy’s email address.  (Isn’t email the most wonderful invention.)  So between a few advance emails back and forth Jim and I made plans to meet. 

Jim and I met in Twain Harte at The Rock café and had the most amazing two hours of getting to know each other, filling in with family news, looking at pictures from long, long ago… and the time went by way too fast.

Jim is the most interesting person to sit and spend time with.  If you want to know what he likes best, then follow his blog (to the right).  He loves the historical.



As I mentioned, we looked at pictures (his as I never thought to bring any with me).  


Carol Ann and family
 Donna and family

More about family in the next blog.

Happy surprises in life!

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog. It is great to see what you are doing! Thanks for posting we look forward to reading more in future!

    ReplyDelete