Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Lindy's 'Fabric' Store

Day 2 of being on my own while all the guys went fishing (again!).

The last blog was 'cousin found' day and this blog is all about meeting Jim's wife Lindy.  Jim, in earlier emails, said that his wife had a fabric store.  This is a man's interpretation of 'a quilt store'!  So with driving directions from Jim I decided to find Lindy's 'fabric' store and meet her.

Any woman would have given driving directions by landmarks...like drive through the town of Sonora and just past the Goodwill Store on the left you will come to Lindy's store "Timeless Calico Designs" on your right.  I did find the store after turning in at Goodwill and not finding it there....

Lindy - it was so nice finding you and your store and having a great short visit.  Now why I just didn't pull up a chair and park myself the rest of the morning....next time.  And why I didn't pull out the camera and take pictures.....next time!

So the next best thing is this:


and www.timelesscalicodesigns.com 

Lindy is a quilter also!  When I left she was going to make some cloth dolls so her skills go beyond just quilting.  She also went through a long, labor intense process of reproducing antique calico buttons.  Like her husband, she is multi-talented.  Her shop carries reproductions of civil war material and the 1930's.  It was very easy finding some material to bring home.  The design on the cloth bag is Lindy and Jim's.

Great visit and wish I had stayed longer.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment